Inspired by the 1919 true event of a Newfoundland dog who swam with a lifeline saving ninety-two people on a sinking ship.
* Historical Fiction
* Targeted for ages 7-12, memorable story for all ages and the entire family
* Strong girl and boy characters
* Includes excerpts from the Captain's log, maps, 1919 newspaper article, photographs of the Ethie before
and after sinking, glossary of nautical terms, six illustrations.
M A X W E L L M E D A L
"Best Children's Book"
* Virginia Literacy Award
* Georgia Children's Book Award
* Tennessee Volunteers Children's Book Award
* Telly Award for public television
* Accelerated Reader ( Houghton-Mifflin)
* Scholastic Reading Counts
* " Mailbox" National magazine for teachers
* National Young Scholars Program
* Reading is Fundamental (RIF)
Peachtree Publishers ISBN # 1-56145-198-3